Andy Vermaut:”We believe that a participation in the Beijing Olympics is an endorsement of the CCP authoritarian rule.”
Many actions and demonstrations are planned in
- Belgium (Brussels and Antwerp),
- Hong Kong and
- Geneva around the winter Olympic Games in China.
Every one can join
- on Monday in Antwerp, January 3, 2022 from 10:30 to 12:30 / Hopland 2, 2000 Antwerp
- on Tuesday, January 4, 2022 from 10:00 to 12:00 on Schuman Square (heart of Europe opposite the European Commission and the European External Action Center), in the European capital of Brussels.
On January 4,
- from 10am onwards, there will be a first ‘live streaming’ of the huge mobilization in Belgium by Tibet Melong
- at 11am, a live press conference will start at the Press Club, rue Froissart 95, 1040 Brussels. From there we will move ‘live’ to the demonstrations with
Ben Rogers in Hong Kong
Lobsong Gesendet and Yonga Tsesutsang in Geneva.
A protest is also planned on Tuesday, January 4 at the The Industrial and Commercial Bank of China at 81 Avenue Louise in Brussels
At noon a group of 15 representatives of the Tibetan, Uyghur and Mongolian communities will undertake a symbolic protest march to the Chinese Embassy, Avenue Tervuren 439, 1150 Brussels.
–Andy Vermaut, International Alliance for the Defense of Rights and Freedom, email@example.com, + 32 499 357 495
-David Vander Maelen, Hiking 4 Children, firstname.lastname@example.org, +32 477 547 347
-Tsering Palden, Tibetan Community in Belgium, email@example.com, +32 485 848 735
-Ekber Tursun, Belgium Uyghur Association, firstname.lastname@example.org, +32 487 198 492
–Gary Cartwright, Author Journalist, email@example.com, +32 487 368 244
-Manel Msalmi, President of the European Association for The Defense of Minorities, firstname.lastname@example.org + 32 496 607066
Event: #BoycottBeijing2022 running order (Provisional Program from Brussels)
11.00: Gary Cartwright – Moderator
Peter van Dalen MEP – Opening remarks. (10 mins)
* 11.15 – Live to manifestation, Schuman – David speech + comments from panel (10 mins).
Ben Rogers – Hong Kong Watch. (10 mins)
Willy Fautre – response to BR’s remarks, & “Cultural Revolution-like repression of religious freedom by Xi Jiping” (10mins)
- Video – Antwerp manifestation – Ekber Speech (7 mins)
Koen Stoop, EU Policy Coordinator, World Uyghur Congress. (10 mins)
- 12.05 – Live to manifestation, Ave Louise – Andy speech + comments from panel (10 mins)
Dr. Stefan Singer – Senior Climate Science and Global Energy Policy Advisor, Climate Action Network International (10 mins).
*12.30 Live to manifestation, Schuman – Manel speech + comments from panel (10mins)
Hoang Hai Nguyen – Vietnamese anti-Communist dissident (10 mins.)
*12.50 Live to manifestation, Geneva – Tibetan speech + comments from panel (10 mins)
Sajid Hussain – Kashmiri politician in exile. (10 mins)
The debate will also be live-streamed at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFWBDOElTrmVotVrnlsI5fw?view_as=subscriber
For further information contact Gary Cartwright, 0032 478 368244.