HRWF Prisoner Database
Human Rights Without Frontiers tracks incidents worldwide where people are imprisoned for exercising their right to freedom of religion or belief.
SURVEY: State repression of Uyghur women
HRWF is conducting a confidential survey of Uyghur women to learn more about their experiences with state repression and to help shape HRWF’s strategy for advocacy in the EU on Uyghur women’s rights. The survey is secure and submissions are encrypted to ensure the highest level of safeguarding the information provided. Your participation is greatly appreciated!
VIDEO: EU Reporter & HRWF Roundtables
REPORT: Women's Rights & Religion
This report by HRWF addresses early, forced and child marriages, female genital mutilation, violence against women, 'honour' killing, public dress codes, and reproductive rights. Through these various violations of women's rights, the report explores the ways in which religious texts, practices, cultural influences, and patriarchal systems influence or motivate the infringement of these rights; and to discover and highlight the powerful potential that religion and religious leaders have to help guarantee women’s rights around the world. read more
- In his "important speech", the president asked educators to instill patriotism in young people and reject "misconceptions and ideologies". Since 2012, a struggle against the spread of "Western values" and the ban on religious education for young people is underway...read more
- RFE/RL (21.03.2019) - https://bit.ly/2Tob5ui- Two Mormons who were detained in Russia and accused of violating immigration laws have been released and are returning home to the United States. Americans Kole Brodowski, 20, and David Gaag, 19, "have been released" and...read more
- By Martin Banks - New Europe (19.03.2019) - https://bit.ly/2Cqp90I- The Christchurch mosque shootings are putting a worldwide spotlight on Islamophobia. The mass shootings on in New Zealand have left Europe’s 19-million-strong Muslim community feeling frightened and...read more
- JW Headquarters (19.03.2019) – Almost two years after the ban of their movement in Russia, 150 Jehovah’s Witnesses are currently under investigation.Already in 2019 Russian law enforcement has conducted raids on JWs in 10 cities in 6 regions (in 2018 Russian agents...read more
- By Willy Fautré, Human Rights Without Frontiers - HRWF (18.03.2019) - Far-right terrorism has a history of promoting anti-Muslim sentiments and perpetrators must face maximum consequences. On Friday 15 March, 50 people were killed and as many seriously injured in...read more