Human Rights Without Frontiers has been tracking incidents worldwide where people are imprisoned for exercising their right to freedom of religion or belief since 2013.
Who is included?
The database includes believers of all faiths and atheists who have been imprisoned for activities relating to:
- Freedom to have, keep, or change their religious beliefs
- Freedom of expression on religious issues
- Freedom of (religious) association
- Freedom of (religious) assembly and worship
- Conscientious objection to military service
The database does not include people who are believers or atheists who have been arrested for non-religious activities.