The Parliament Magazine (07.02.2019) – https://bit.ly/2GheokU – After a record number of nominations, we are proud to announce the shortlist for the Parliament Magazine’s 2019 MEP awards.
This year 45 MEPs have been shortlisted for 15 award categories with female deputies just edging ahead of their male counterparts with 25 shortlistees. There are two all-women shortlist categories.
Six of Parliament’s political groupings are represented, covering 21 EU member states. Germany tops the shortlist leader board with six shortlisted MEPs, followed by Poland with five shortlistees.
Judges deliberation day on the shortlist is later this month on 18 February. The Judging panel will once again be chaired by the Parliament Magazine’s Managing Editor, Brian Johnson. His fellow judges are:
- Willy Fautré, co-founder and director of Human Rights Without Frontiers Int’l
- Madi Sharma, entrepreneur and member of the European Economic and Social Committee
- James Holtum, Media Director at political consultancy Rasmussen Global
- Shada Islam, Director of Europe and Geopolitics at Friends of Europe
- Colin Mackay, Managing Director of editorial consultancy the Brussels Writing Bureau
The MEP awards are the annual celebration of our European deputies’ hard work, and we look forward to recognising their achievements with you on Wednesday, 20 March, in Brussels’ glamorous Concert Noble.
Special thanks to our sponsors, Fertilizers Europe, The Coca-Cola Company, IEEE, APEAL, GSMA, Fabasoft and Project Associates, for supporting the MEP Awards.
If you want to be regularly informed about different violations of human rights in the world, click here for a free subscription to our newsletters!
HRWF database of news and information on over 70 countries: https://hrwf.eu/newsletters/human-rights-in-the-world/
List of hundreds of documented cases of believers of various faiths in 20 countries: https://hrwf.eu/forb/forb-and-blasphemy-prisoners-list/